2023 Day in Annapolis
The 2023 Day in Annapolis to be held on Wednesday, February 8, 2023 is now SOLD OUT!
The Young Farmers’ and the Women’s Leadership committees will jointly sponsor Day In Annapolis. This day of briefings and grassroots advocacy will give you the opportunity to weigh-in on important issues that may impact your farm for years to come.
Day In Annapolis is at a very critical time during the 90-day session – a time when committees are beginning to make decisions on pending bills.
The in-person program will begin with a legislative briefing by the MDFB government relations staff. Farm Bureau members will have an opportunity to meet with their members of the General Assembly. With only a couple of farmers in the General Assembly, we need now more than ever, to engage our lawmakers on the value of agriculture in Maryland.
- Date: Wednesday, February 8, 2023
- 8:15 a.m. Morning Reception
- 8:30 a.m. – Legislative Briefing
- 9:45 a.m. – Walk over to the Statehouse / Legislative Offices
- 11:45 a.m. – Lunch w/ Legislators – Governor Calvert House
- 1:00 p.m. – Continue Legislative Meetings / Head Home
- Location: Governor Calvert House – 58 State Circle, Annapolis
- Cost: $35.00/person
- Registration: Deadline to register is Sunday, January 29, 2023.
Day-In-Annapolis participants can either park in one of the garages downtown for about $16.00 per day or the Naval Academy Stadium lot for $5.00. From the stadium, you may take the shuttle to downtown, where it will drop you off at Lawyer’s Mall in front of the State House. The shuttle runs about every 15 minutes from 6:30am until 7:00pm.
- Take Route 50 to Annapolis
- Take Exit 24 onto Rowe Blvd towards downtown Annapolis
- Turn right onto Taylor Avenue just after the Courthouse. The lot is the third entrance on the right.
2023 MDFB Day In Annapolis is SOLD OUT!